Sky launch Sky Sports Mix free for all Sky TV customers
Sky Sports mix will be live from next Wednesday and available free of charge for all Sky TV customers. It will also replace Setanta Sports 1 for Virgin Media customers.
Sky has announced the launch of a new channel, called Sky Sports Mix, from next Wednesday, 24 August.
The channel will bring a wide variety of different sports to Sky and Virgin Media customers, with an average of five hours of live action each day across the first month.
In total over the first month, there will be nine different sports shown live, including GAA, football, rugby and golf. There will also be seven sports shown non-live, along with shows like Game Changers and sporting masterclasses for kids. The channel will also show documentaries and sports entertainment shows.
GAA fans living in the UK will be pleased to hear that they’ll be able to catch the All-Ireland hurling final between Kilkenny and Tipperary on 4 September on Sky Sports Mix. Other highlights from the first week of programming include:
- Wednesday 24 August at 1.30pm - Live England v Pakistan ODI
- Thursday 25 August at 10.30am - Live European Tour Golf – Made In Denmark
- Friday 26 August at 10.30am - Live European Tour Golf – Made In Denmark
- Friday 26 August at 6.30pm - Live EFL Championship – Burton Albion v Derby County
- Saturday 27 August at 8.00am - Live Rugby Championship – New Zealand v Australia
- Saturday 27 August at 12.00pm - Live F1® Belgian GP qualifying
- Saturday 27 August at 7.15pm - Live La Liga – Real Madrid v Celta Vigo
- Sunday 28 August at 12.30am - Live MLS – Toronto v Montreal Impact
- Sunday 28 August at 12.30pm - Live F1® Belgian GP
The new channel will be available in the same number of Sky TV homes as Sky Sports News HQ, a channel with an annual reach of 17 million viewers across the UK & Ireland. It can be found at 407 for Sky Customers, and will be available for Virgin Media customers at channel 105.
Interested in a new TV deal? Compare TV providers