Who is the cheapest broadband provider?
|Provider||1st Year Total||Monthly Cost||Max Monthly Limit|
|Vodafone||€360||€20 p/m (1st 6 months)||Unlimited|
|Pure Telecom||€420||€35 p/m (1st 12 months)||Unlimited|
|Sky||€430||€35 p/m (1st 12 months)||Unlimited|
|Digiweb||€492||€24.95 p/m (1st 4 months)||Unlimited|
|eir||€530||€29.99 p/m (1st 6 months)||Unlimited|
|Virgin Media||€684||€47 p/m (1st 6 months)||Unlimited|
All plans within the price comparison table include a landline package. 1st Year Total cost excludes any upfront costs such as installation fees and equipment charges.
How do I compare cheap broadband deals?
- Broadband speed - speeds vary depending on the provider and the type of connection in your area.
- Set-up fees - these vary from provider-to-provider, with some charging installation fees and other offering free set-up and equipment.
- Contract length - many people don’t want to be tied into a lengthy contract, so make sure you’re happy with the length before signing up.
- Add-ons and extras - think about whether you want to go for a broadband package/bundle or a broadband only deal. If you do opt for a bundle, you might want to consider extras like HD TV, and Sky Sports/Sky Cinema.
What is the cheapest broadband?
|Provider||Plan||Monthly Cost From|
|Vodafone||Simply Broadband + Home Essentials||€20 p/m|
|eir||Broadband & Off-Peak Calls||€29.99 p/m|
|Sky||Broadband Superfast & Talk Freetime||€35 p/m|
|Pure Telecom||Bill Save||€35 p/m|
|Virgin Media||Naked 250 & World Talk||€47 p/m|
All of the broadband deals include a landline package.
What is the cheapest broadband and phone package?
Vodafone, eir, Sky, Pure Telecom and Magnet all offer broadband & landline call packages depending on where you live and the type of calls package you want.
The cheapest broadband and phone package is Vodafone Simply Broadband 24Mb + Home Essentials which is just which is just €20 for the first 6 months, and €35 thereafter and includes unlimited anytime calls to Irish landlines.
Can I get cheap broadband without a phone line?
Yes, you can get broadband without a landline. Virgin Media offers home broadband without needing a phone line and also Bigblu who
provide broadband via satellite.
If you’re happy to get your broadband via phone line, but don’t want a phone package added, there are plenty of providers to choose from, such as eir, Pure Telecom and Vodafone.
What is the cheapest broadband only deal?
Vodafone, eir, Pure Telecom, Digiweb and Magnet offer broadband only deals. The cheapest broadband only deal is from Vodafone with their Vodafone Simply Broadband plan costing only €20 for the first 6 months, and €35 thereafter.
What do I need to watch out for with a cheap internet deal?
- Data limits: Is there a monthly usage cap? And if you exceed the allocated allowance what are the extra fees or hidden charges? Often this additional fee can make your cheap broadband deal expensive. If you are a heavier internet user you may benefit from an unlimited broadband deal.
- Monthly price after discounts: Most of the providers offer great introductory offers but this price can increase significantly after the discount period ends. Look at the ongoing cost, which is the price you pay after your discount period, and not just the initial cost.
- What is the minimum contract period? Are you being tied into a long contract?
The cheapest broadband deal may not always be the one that’s best for you - carefully consider all of the aspects of the plan to make sure it has everything you need before signing up.