Cheapest broadband providers in Ireland
Competition in the Irish broadband market is fierce at the moment, and providers generally offer decent discounts to new customers signing up to their plans. As such, you can usually find cheap broadband deals from most providers, for example:
- eir, offer broadband-only, broadband and phone, and broadband, phone and TV packages - packages start at €34.99;
- Pure Telecom’s packages start at just €35;
- Sky’s broadband plans can be bundled with TV and phone - packages start at €65;
- Virgin Media has standalone broadband plans and broadband bundles, so there are deals to suit most budgets; and
- Vodafone offers broadband-only deals, as well as bundles with TV and/or home phone. Packages start at €25.
How do I compare cheap broadband deals?
Consumers generally say the most important thing they consider when comparing broadband deals and packages is the monthly cost. If price is the most important aspect for you, remember to make sure you look at the ongoing cost, which is the price you pay after your discount period, and not just the initial cost. You should also consider:
- Broadband speed - speeds will vary depending on the provider you go with and the type of connection available in your area.
- Set-up fees - these vary from provider-to-provider, with some charging installation fees and other offering free set-up and equipment.
- Contract length - many people don’t want to be tied into a lengthy contract, so make sure you’re happy with the length before signing up to a service.
- Add-ons and extras - think about whether you want to go for a broadband package/bundle or are happy with a standalone broadband deal. If you do opt for a bundle, you might want to consider extras like HD TV, and Sky Sports/Sky Cinema.
Cheapest broadband deals
Remember, the cheapest broadband deal may not always be the one that’s best for you - carefully consider all of the aspects of the plan to make sure it has everything you need before signing up. Whether you go for the cheapest plan on the market or not, it’s still very likely you will save by switching to a new provider, since most of them offer good introductory discounts.
Can I get cheap broadband without a phone line?
Many providers require you to have a phone line in order to provide you with broadband, however there are a couple that can provide the service without the need for a phone line.
Bigblu provides broadband through a satellite dish, and has plans starting from €29.99 per month. Meanwhile, Virgin Media has a range of broadband packages available - so you should be able to find one to suit your budget - and you don’t need to have a phone line to avail of them.
Can I get unlimited cheap broadband?
It is definitely possible to get unlimited broadband at a decent price. In fact, many providers - like eir, Sky, Virgin Media and Vodafone - offer unlimited broadband deals, which means you should find a deal in your price range.
Can I add TV or phone to my cheap broadband plan?
The cheapest triple-play broadband bundle on the market is the Vodafone TV & Simply Broadband + Home Essentials plan from Vodafone, which starts at just €25 for the first 6 months, and €75 thereafter.