Cheap broadband in Ireland
Compare the cheapest broadband deals & packages. Find cheap internet & WiFi from Ireland’s top providers including eir, Pure Telecom, Sky, Virgin Media, Vodafone & more.
How to find the best cheap broadband deal
A cheap broadband plan can save money and reduce your monthly bills.
However, the cheapest broadband package may not always be the right one for you. If you’re looking for cheap internet in Ireland, shop around and compare plans to get the best value.
Here are some things to consider when picking the best broadband for your needs:
- Cost: Before you opt for the cheapest broadband deal, check the plan has all the features you need.
- Discount period: The advertised monthly cost may only apply to the discount period. Check whether the price is fixed for 6, 12 or 24 months and what you’ll be paying once the discount ends.
- Speed: Broadband speed is important if you game online or stream movies and TV. But you may need fewer gigabytes (GBs) than you think, so don’t always choose the deal with the fastest speeds.
- Availability near you: Some broadband deals aren’t available everywhere. Use a broadband availability checker to see what deals are available in your area.
- Usage: Most broadband providers offer plans with unlimited broadband, but be sure to check for any fair usage limits.
- Customer service: If you need regular support with your broadband or live in an area where issues are common, quality customer service is important. Check customer reviews to get an idea of a provider’s customer service record.
- Contract length: Most broadband contracts run for 12 months, but check you’re not tying yourself into a longer deal than expected with expensive termination fees.
- Set up & equipment: When you switch broadband or move house, you usually need new equipment. Sometimes this is free or subsidised, however some providers may charge for new equipment and installation - so check for any upfront costs.
- Perks or rewards: Some broadband plans come with incentives like cashback, freebies or add-ons, but don’t be tempted if you don’t need them. It’s more important to consider, price, speed and availability.
Is cheap broadband any good?
If you need basic, reliable, unlimited broadband, then a cheap broadband plan is ideal.
Bear in mind there could be a price hike once the introductory period ends, so be prepared to haggle the price down or switch broadband again.
Here’s the pros and cons of choosing a cheap broadband deal.
Which type of broadband is the cheapest?
There are four main broadband connection types available in Ireland.
Some broadband connections are more expensive than others, and access to fibre broadband depends on where you live.
Read our complete guide to broadband for more information on broadband connections in Ireland.
What broadband speed do you need?
The cheapest broadband deals in Ireland usually have lower internet speeds, while superfast broadband can be more expensive.
When choosing a broadband package, you should weigh up the cost and speed:
Remember that speeds advertised are just the maximum possible speeds, and aren’t guaranteed. The actual speeds may be slower, so make sure you’re not overpaying for a connection that doesn’t suit your needs.
Is it worth getting superfast, fibre broadband?
Many Irish broadband providers offer part fibre and full fibre broadband packages.
Pricier, full fibre deals advertise fastest speeds of up to 1,000Mbps or 1GB - but access depends on what’s available in your area. If you’re lucky enough to live somewhere with full fibre broadband, consider if the price is worth the speed before splashing out.
If you’d like help deciding on an optimal broadband speed, check out our guide, What broadband speed do you need?
Which broadband provider is cheapest in Ireland?
Broadband providers are always competing with each other to offer the cheapest broadband deal.
It’s a good idea to shop around when you need a new internet provider. Our broadband checker finds the best value deals near you for the first 12 months from Ireland’s top broadband providers. You can compare:
What is the cheapest broadband deal?
The cheapest broadband deals are normally, but not always, broadband-only offers.
However, most broadband deals also include home phone services with unlimited, free off-peak calls or anytime calls.
You can see from the table that broadband prices are all quite similar, so it may ultimately depend on what’s available near you or whether you bundle your broadband with other products.
What is the average cost of broadband in Ireland?
The cost of broadband varies by broadband provider.
It depends on things like speed, connection type and any introductory discounts. You can compare the cheapest broadband deals in Ireland using our broadband availability checker.
Is it cheaper to bundle your broadband, phone & TV services?
Bundling your broadband and TV usually means you’ll save money.
Providers like eir, Sky and Vodafone often give discounts or incentives to customers who sign up for multiple products or bundle their broadband bill and services together.
Bundling also makes it easier to manage your broadband bills, because you only have a single tariff to pay. On balance, if you watch a lot of movies, TV, or sport, bundling might be the best option for you.
Which providers offer good value broadband & TV deals?
There are four providers which offer a selection of home broadband & TV deals in Ireland.
Use our broadband checker and tick the filter to ‘Include a TV package’ to see what broadband & TV packages are available where you live.
Can you get low cost broadband without a landline?
Yes, you can get home broadband in Ireland without a landline.
Take a look at our guide to wireless broadband choices to find out about your options for home broadband and which one may work out the cheapest.
Find cheap broadband in your area
The best way to find cheap broadband in your area is to use our broadband checker.
You can use our filters to find the best broadband deal in Ireland by comparing the price, speed, and contract length of broadband plans near you.
Get super fast broadband from just €30 a month
It only takes a few minutes to find a cheaper deal and start saving