Compare broadband in Wicklow
Use our broadband checker to find the best broadband, TV and home phone deals in Wicklow. Switch today and receive discounts and rewards with selected packages.
Broadband providers in Wicklow
There are five main broadband providers in Wicklow:
- Pure Telecom
What broadband can you get in Wicklow?
The type of broadband you can get will depend on where exactly you live in Wicklow. Here are some of the main types of connections:
- ADSL broadband uses a phone line to provide an internet connection of up to 24Mbps.
- Fibre broadband uses fibre-optic cables and full fibre connections offer speeds of up to 1,000Mbps. Part fibre broadband offers speeds up to 100Mbps.
- Mobile broadband connects through your 4G or 5G mobile network.
- Satellite broadband uses satellite technology via a satellite dish and can connect any home. It provides a good option for rural homes in Ireland.
If you do live in a rural part of Ireland, here are your rural broadband options explained.
What is the fastest broadband in Wicklow?
Fibre broadband is the fastest broadband and it’s available in parts of Wicklow.
SIRO and Virgin Media are both operating in Arklow, Bray, Greystones and Wicklow Town so lightening speeds of up to 1,000Mbps are available in these towns.
You can read more about SIRO and how it works in our guide, Should you choose SIRO broadband?
Find out whether your town has fibre broadband by using the dropdown filter at the top of the page. If it’s not yet available in your area, you can pick one of the alternatives shown above.
How to compare broadband deal in Wicklow
Before comparing deals, it’s a good idea to work out what features you need first. Here are some things to consider:
- What broadband speed do you need? If you don’t know, our guide, Broadband speeds in Ireland covers average speeds and the speed needed for different activities.
- What type of connection do you want? Your location may limit your options, and the type will also affect the maximum speed you can get.
- What type of broadband package do you want? You can choose from a broadband-only plan or bundle a home phone and or TV with it.
- What is your budget? It’s good to know what you can afford for one or more services and try and find a plan within your budget. Check for the follow on price after any discounted period.
- What contract length do you want? You’ll pay more for a short term rolling contract but have no ties. Most plans are 12 or 18 months long and include a discount period.
Types of broadband packages
The broadband package that’s right for you will depend on your usage and whether you need additional services.
- Broadband-only: This means no home phone or TV package, just a broadband service. There’s often less choice because many providers offer a phone as standard, but we can show you broadband-only deals.
- Broadband & home phone: Adding a landline service makes sense for most people and you’ll get some calls included for free, so find the best call package and broadband speed for you.
- Broadband, phone & TV: You stand to save the biggest amount by bundling these three services together. Make sure each element offers what you need e.g. entertainment channels and free calls. There are also add-ons to choose from like Sky Sports, multi-room viewing and international calls.
Choosing the best broadband deal
Once you’ve worked out exactly what you need your plan to include, you can easily compare packages using our comparisons.
The right plan for you will be the one that ticks all your boxes at the lowest price. Here’s how to switch broadband providers without a hitch.
If you do choose a plan that ends up not suiting you, you have a 14 day cooling off period to change your mind without penalty.
Our broadband consumer rights guide explains everything you need to know on this and more.
Get super fast broadband from just €30 a month
It only takes a few minutes to find a cheaper deal and start saving