Compare broadband deals in Ireland
Our broadband comparison tool can help you to compare broadband deals in the market and fine the one that’s right for you.
What is the best broadband deal?
The broadband market in Ireland is competitive, which is great news for consumers are there are loads of great offers available. However, this can also mean it’s hard to decide on one deal. The broadband deal that’s right for you will depend on a number of factors:
- If you’re looking for a cheap deal, the cheapest broadband package on the market at the moment is Vodafone Simply Broadband plan from Vodafone, which costs €40 for the first 6 months, and €45 thereafter.
- If you’re looking for the fastest plan, Connect 360 from Virgin Media has speeds of up to 360Mb.
- If you have a busy household, you might want to look at an unlimited broadband deal - this will mean your bill will be the same every month, regardless of internet usage.
- If you live in a rural area, you may need to consider options like satellite broadband, to ensure you can get service in your area.
- If you spend a lot of time streaming content or playing games online, you’ll probably want to opt for superfast broadband - if it’s available where you live - to ensure you get high enough speeds for your needs.
How do I compare broadband deals?
When you’re comparing offers, it’s important to look at a number of things, like price, broadband speed, and contract length. Here’s what to consider:
- Price. This will be one of the most important factors when it comes to choosing a broadband package - bundles are available to suit most budgets.
- Broadband speed. Speed is also a really important thing to consider when comparing broadband providers. The speed you need will depend on what you’ll be using the broadband for.
- Discount period. Sometimes discounts last for the whole contract length, and other times they’re for a shorter period. Check this before signing up, so you can budget accordingly.
- Contract length. Most broadband and phone contracts are 12-18 months long, but there are some 30-day contracts available if you need a shorter-term deal.
- Installation costs. Some providers offer free installation, while with others there’ll be an upfront charge.
- Bundle options. If you need TV and/or phone as well as broadband, see if you can get a bundle to suit you - most of the time you will make savings by opting to bundle.
Cheapest broadband deals by provider
- The cheapest package from eir is Broadband & Off-Peak Calls + eir Sport which costs €39.99 for the first 12 months, and €59.99 thereafter and has broadband speeds of up to 100Mb.
- The cheapest package from Pure Telecom is Online Special Bundle which costs €24 for the first 6 months, and €50 thereafter and has broadband speeds of up to 100Mb.
- The cheapest package from Sky is Sky Original TV Bundle + Sky Fibre Unlimited & Talk Freetime which costs €59.75 for the first 6 months, and €84.50 thereafter and has broadband speeds of up to 100Mb.
- The cheapest package from Vodafone is Vodafone Gigabit Broadband Experience 1000 + Home Essentials which costs €25 for the first 6 months, and €60 thereafter and has broadband speeds of up to 1Gb.
Broadband bundle deals
If you need TV and/or phone along with your broadband, it would be worth your while considering a bundle, where you get two or more of these services from the same provider. You’ll normally save by doing this, and you’ll only have to deal with one provider on your bills and any issues, which can be convenient.
- If you want to bundle broadband and phone, Pure Telecom offers the cheapest package.
- If you want to get a TV and broadband package, there are 4 main providers in the Irish market. The Mix 240 plan from Virgin Media is the cheapest package.
- If you want a broadband, TV and phone deal, you could consider the Mix 240 plan from Virgin Media, which is currently €49 for the first 12 months, and €89 thereafter.